PA Scrap Material Theft Prevention Act
Lincoln Recycling strictly adheres to the Pennsylvania Scrap Material Theft Prevention Act (ACT 79) passed by the General Assembly in 2014. In addition to ACT 79, we require the following to purchase recyclables:
- Current Driver’s License
- If you are selling a scrap vehicle or an item that has a title (ATVs, snowmobiles, boats, trailers), we require the title and all named parties on the front of the title must be present and have their driver’s licenses.
In accordance with ACT 79, we will only purchase the following scrap materials from a commercial enterprise:
- New production scrap or new materials that are a part of a manufacturing process.
- Full sized, new materials, such as those used in construction, or equipment and tools used by contractors.
- Commercial metal property.
- Metallic wire that has been burned in whole or in part to remove insulation with a value more than $100.
- Beer kegs.
- Detached catalytic converters.
- Railroad materials.
If you are a commercial enterprise and have one of the listed items above, please download our Commercial Enterprise Form and complete it prior to bringing in your material.
Download FormLearn More